The Week of Hobby Exhaustion... And a Dwarf...

Hi folks I'm back for a quick visit... Actually I'm back because a friend reprimanded me for having images to share and not posting anything for a while... And since he's made a nuisance of himself, let's give him a bit of a spotlight shall we? BWAHAHAHAHA.

My friend Carl has decided to give this whole blogging lark a go, because he's got some weird notion in his head that kind of thing is fun... Or some such rubbish...

So why not go over to his place at Roleplay Dwarf and say hello... Or kick over his stuff... You know the usual thing. As I said he's a friend of mine, he's going to be blogging about RPG's, Warhammer, stuff. He's one of the most annoyingly interesting people I've ever had the misfortune to meet.


Right... Now we've got that out of the way...





The Week That Was...

Last week... Not the one we've just gone through... Last week, got it?
I had so much on and did an awful lot of hobby related activities that I was too tired to blog about it.
Let me give you a run-down:



It all started on Wednesday..... (*whisper* Actually it started before that because I was still working on Necromunda terrain since the previous week, but Wednesday was definitely the point of no return...)


  • Wednesday evening went well, my mid-week roleplaying group met up for our weekly World of Darkness game. It ended around midnight or so and my friend Jess stayed over we chatted for a while, I was in bed for about 4.30am.
  • Thursday up and at 'em for 8am to do the school run. Jess went off to work and headed home. My other half went to spend a couple of days at our friends house and in return Carl was sent back this way. The girls get do... Whatever they do... And we got to spend a couple of days doing manly things (playing board games, playing with miniatures, discussing roleplay) you know the drill. 3.30pm pick up kids. We were going to go down to the local gaming club but it got cancelled just before we were going to go. After talking about Necromunda most of the afternoon we decided to have a game at home because Carl had never played. Skip forward, couple of games of Necromunda under the belt it's about 2.30am. We talk more gaming crap I get to bed between 4.30am and 5am.
  • Friday up at 8am kids school run. Back home and we're still chin-wagging about gaming and miniatures. Waiting for our friend James travelling up from Derbyshire to spend a couple of days. we'd decided we were going to play a game of Warhammer 4ok 7th, for the benefit of James and I learning the latest ruleset. Carl said he could get to about 6000+pts depedning on what James and I could bring to the game. 3.30pm pick up kids. James got here about 8pm and  joined forces against Carl's Imperials with our Ork hordes and using unpainted minis (Gods I feel dirty) managed to amass about 6500+pts. So not only were James and I a bit sketchy on the current rules, it was also our first Apocalypse game too. (pictures at the end of rant). That frickin' monstrous game didn't end until 11.30am SATURDAY FRICKIN' MORNING!!!
  • Saturday it's 11.50am we've just packed up all the boards, terrain and miniatures, our weekend roleplaying group and the significant others are due back any minute so we can play our Dungeons & Dragons campaign. Carl, James and I collapse on available patches of floor and catch an hours sleep. Dungeons & Dragons starts that afternoon (not sure what time, I was a bit dazed) pretty cool session that goes on until about 11.30pm. James is dead to the world at this point. Jess, Carl and I carry on talking until about 2.30am-3am. Finally sleep... Sweet blessed sleep...
So... That was the week... It took me about 3 frickin' days to recover from that! Man I feel old...




The Apocalypse Game:

Here is a pic dump of the images we caught of the game. Can't remember the mission, but we played on an 8'x4' board and due to set-up were playing the length instead of the width of the board. Have you ever seen 6500pts of Orks squashed into about 4'x2' deployment!?! (please excuse the unpainted miniatures and in some cases broken/unbuilt).
















Absolute Madness... But man what a laugh...




So there you go... Exhausted was not the word... But a great week all said and done...
I've got some more images to upload and another post to write after this so I'll bid thee farewell for now.

Take Care everybody,
Jonah

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Instagram Slideshow

Popular Posts